Friday, January 4, 2008

Core 2 Quad / 8800GTS SLI Overclock

This blog will detail my build of a Core 2 Quad Q6600 system with 2 8800GTS graphics cards. I hope this will help anyone trying to build such a system learn from my experience.

It is my intention to run a mild overclock of 3.2 GHz on this particular system. It seems that most people are able to achieve this on air cooling with minimal voltage adjustments. My goal is for this system to be fast, stable, and provide excellent longevity.

The motivation for the build is Crysis. I received this game for Christmas and my current computer is not capable of running it at an acceptable frame rate and resolution.

So, I hope you enjoy this blog as I build the system over the next week or so.

Also, when the system is done I will be offering copies of it on eBay for the cost of the components plus two hundred dollars to assemble and overclock it.

Please leave any questions in the comments.

No comments: