Saturday, January 5, 2008

The Motherboard!!



The EVGA nForce 680i motherboard arrived and here it is.

It is a good looking board, and I chose it because of its proven ability to over-clock well. This board also has the round IDE cables which are nice, and I have had to buy separately before.

It also has to full x16 PCI Express slots. I guess that isn't totally necessary, but its nice anyway.

The box has a lot of accessories, one of the nicest I thought was the raid driver disk that is included.

I have often had to make this disk myself before I could install the OS, and it's nice to have it already there.

I do have to say that if I was not building an SLI system I would have probably looked hard at one of the Intel chip sets instead of this. But here it is now, so lets see how it runs!

Once the rest of the components arrive I'll post the preview of those as well.

No comments: